Mexican Corn Dip
Loaded with flavor, a spicy kick from the jalapenos, and just the right amount of cheese, this Mexican Corn Dip is a real party pleaser! Everyone loves this no-bake dip, and I love how easy it is to make!
Y’all, this is just about the easiest and tastiest dip on the planet. Seriously easy, you just mix everything together and pop it into the fridge overnight. It’s amazing when it has time for all the flavors to come together, which makes this easy corn dip the perfect choice when needing to prep something ahead of time for a party, gathering, or snacking later on.
There are no hard-to-find ingredients in this dip. Just a handful of store-bought goodies and some staples you probably already have in your fridge, and you’re ready to go!
The hardest part about this dip is shredding the cheese, but if you buy pre-shredded cheese, then this dip is so super easy!
- Canned Mexicorn – You’ll need 3 cans, drained.
- Canned diced green chilies – The 7-ounce can.
- Fresh jalapenos – Seeded and diced, and remove the membranes if you don’t like your dip too spicy.
- Green onions OR fresh cilantro
- Sour cream
- Sharp cheddar cheese – Shredded. You can use yellow or white cheese.
- Monterey Jack cheese – Shredded.
- Salt and pepper – To taste.
What is Mexicorn?
Mexicorn might sound like a fancy ingredient, but trust me, it’s in every supermarket! Mexicorn is canned corn niblets that are packed with diced red and green bell peppers. It’s colorful and fresh tasting, and many national and store brands make it. You’ll find it wherever you buy canned corn. It is also sometimes called Southwestern corn or fiesta corn.
How to Make Mexican Corn Dip
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl, reserving some of the chopped green onions or cilantro to garnish.
- Season to taste and refrigerate overnight or for at least 2-3 hours.
- Garnish with the reserved chopped green onion or cilantro before serving.
- Don’t care for bell peppers? Use regular canned corn and omit the peppers. They are pretty, though, and add some flavor to the dip.
- Want your dip spicier? Use shredded Pepper Jack cheese instead of Monterey Jack.
- Or, use serrano chilies instead of jalapenos for some serious kick.
- Sharp cheddar adds terrific flavor to this dip, but you can use any cheese.
- You can swap Greek yogurt for sour cream.
- Drain the canned corn REALLY well. You don’t want a soupy dip. After draining the can, you can spread the corn out on a few layers of paper towels to absorb more of the liquid. This is an optional step.
- Canned chiles aren’t that spicy, but they add a lot of flavor.
- You can use low-fat sour cream and mayonnaise in this recipe.
- Cilantro and green onions are a bit overwhelming for this dip, which is why I suggest using one or the other.
- You can use the white and green parts of the green onions, just slice them thinly, so you’re not biting into a big chunk of onion.
- This recipe can easily double if you need to make enough for a crowd. You can also cut it in half if you don’t need as much.
What To Dip Into This Easy Mexican Corn Dip Recipe
I love Fritos with this corn dip. They have a great corn flavor and lots of crunch, and they are the perfect little scoopers! You can also use tortilla chips, pita crackers, potato chips, and anything else that will hold up to scooping up bites of this amazing dip!
This corn dip recipe will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. After that, it might start to get a bit runnier – it’s still OK to eat, but I’d get rid of it after 4-5 days, tops.
Can Mexican Corn Dip be frozen?
Because of the mayonnaise and sour cream in this recipe, it won’t freeze and thaw well. It’ll be a runny mess of nastiness. This dip is best eaten fresh, but never fear – it’s so good that it’ll get gobbled up quickly!
Is Corn Dip Gluten-Free?
Yes, this Mexican Corn Dip recipe is totally gluten-free! The only issue could be with pre-shredded cheese. Most pre-shredded cheeses are tossed with starch to keep the cheese from clumping, and these starches are usually gluten-free. If this is a concern, shred your own cheese.
Mexican Corn Dip
- 3 11oz cans Mexicorn drained
- 1 7oz can diced green chiles
- 2-3 fresh jalapenos, minced seeds & membranes removed if you don’t want the heat
- 1/2 Cup chopped green onions OR chopped cilantro
- 1 Cup mayonnaise
- 1 Cup sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 Oz sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 8 Oz Monterey Jack or pepper jack cheese shredded
- In a large bowl, mixed together all the ingredients. Chill overnight, or at least 2 to 3 hours. Garnish with more chopped green onions and/or cilantro, if desired. Serve with Fritos scoops corn chips.