Turkey Bacon Ranch Sliders
These Turkey Bacon Ranch Sliders are SO yummy, kid friendly, & ready in under 30 minutes.
I am always behind. Always. It doesn’t help that I’m easily distracted.
For example…. here’s a typical morning for me. Get up; begin to make bed. See dirty glass beside bed & go to put it in the dishwasher. Get in the kitchen, notice the dishes haven’t been unloaded & the sink is full. Unload dishwasher. Begin to rinse stuff in sink while glancing out the kitchen window. See the chickens are out of food. Leave washing dishes, go outside to feed the chickens & gather eggs. Feed the chickens, forget to gather the eggs because the kids have left fruit snack wrappers & drink bottles in the yard & I need to clean that up before the yard guy shows up. Etc, etc, etc.
That continues on for longer than I care to fully admit.
Always behind, what can I tell you… It’s the story of my life! And somehow, I still have to get my marbles all in order in order to fully complete at least a few tasks & get dinner on the table. With homeschool back in session, sometimes I feel like I’m losing more marbles than putting them in order.
Last week, while trying to get dinner on the table at a decent hour – I came up with the best little baked slider recipe and I just had to share it with you. It’s ready in under 30 minutes, it’s super easy to prepare, & you won’t lose any more of your marbles to get it on the table. Roasted White Turkey & bacon are piled on slider rolls with a ranch onion ‘sauce’ and baked to perfection.
I use the Gwaltney brand for it’s affordability for premium meat, for both the turkey and the bacon. The bacon has the best smoky flavor & the turkey is always moist. The hint of sweetness that the turkey has pairs beautifully with the saltiness of the bacon in this dish – and the ranch seasoning adds a wonderful savory element that just can’t be beat. (By the way, check out the Gwaltney giveaway at the end of the post!)
They are so good, we just couldn’t stop eating them, y’all!
Here’s what you need:
Melt a stick of butter in a large skillet. Add 1 large minced onion & saute for 5 minutes.
Add in 3 heaping tablespoons dijon mustard, 3 tablespoons poppy seeds, & half of a packet of dry ranch seasoning mix & stir.
Cook until the onions are soft, about 10 minutes.
Slice the rolls in half all at once with a serrated knife. Place the bottom half in a 9×13 baking dish.
Spread on 3/4 of the onion ranch mixture.
Top with 1 package of Gwaltney Roasted White Turkey & 8 pieces of crumbled bacon.
Top with provolone cheese.
Top with the top half of the sliders – and wrap the casserole dish in aluminum foil. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.
Slice & serve.
Turkey Bacon Ranch Sliders
- 1 package of 12 savory butter rolls or sweet rolls
- 1 large onion minced
- 1 stick of butter
- 3 heaping tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 package of dry ranch seasoning mix
- 3 teaspoons poppy seeds
- ½ pound sliced turkey
- 6 to 8 slices of provolone cheese
- 8 pieces cooked bacon crumbled
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a skillet on medium heat. Add the onions, and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the dijon mustard, dry ranch, & poppy seeds and cook until the onions are soft (about 10 more minutes). Slice the rolls in half all at once & place the bottom half in a 9×13 casserole dish. Spread on ¾ of the onion mixture; top with the turkey, bacon, cheese, & top half of the buns. Spread the remaining onion mixture on top of the buns. Cover with aluminum foil & bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven, and slice down the seems to make individual sliders.