Meatball Sub Kabobs – all the flavors you crave off your favorite meatball sub piled onto a wooden skewer. SO EASY to make! Delicious!
Meatball Subs & Grilled Cheese Sandwiches have long since been my favorite sandwiches. Classic, yet mouthwatering delicious.
What happens when you take the meatball sub out of the bun & put a stick through it? Meatball Sub Kabobs of course!
These have the perfect flavors going on – everything you crave in a meatball sub served up on a portable wooden skewer. Not only is it oh-so-yummy, but the presentation is super adorable. Kids love these – husbands fantasize about ’em. Perfect for a main dish, an appetizer, party food – and guaranteed to be the star of the show at your football parties too!
And did I happen to mention how fantastically easy these are? Oh my gosh – yes, SO easy!
Here’s what you need:
I used 2 types of cheeses, both mozzarella & Parmesan… Totally not necessary unless you’re a cheese addict like myself. If so, carry on.
Ok, so used to – I’d use the Pillsbury breadsticks for these – then something happened and I can’t seem to find them in stores anymore. I guess it’s just not me either because my Mama, who lives 2 states away, can’t find them where she lives either. Hmmm, not sure what’s going on there – but since breadsticks are MIA where I live…. I’ve since swapped them out for a roll of Pillsbury french bread dough. I just pull off golf sized balls of dough, and roll them with my hands to get breadstick shapes.
So, back to the recipe. Cook your meatballs according to the package, reducing the cook time by 8 minutes, remove from the oven & set aside to cool slightly. Assemble 3 meatballs & a breadstick on each skewer. Like so.
Place them on a baking sheet that you’ve sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
Melt a tablespoon or two of butter – brush the melted butter over the kabobs. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and/or garlic powder/garlic salt. Then, pile on some shredded Mozzarella cheese. I threw on some shredded Parmesan too for kicks. Have I mentioned my addiction to cheese?
Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes, or until breadsticks are lightly browned.
Serve with warmed pizza sauce or marinara.
- 1 tube of Pillsbury refrigerated breadsticks OR french bread dough if you can't find breadsticks
- frozen pre-cooked meatballs (3 per kabob)
- 1-2 tablespoons melted butter
- Italian seasoning, to taste
- garlic powder or garlic salt, to taste
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- pizza sauce or marinara
- Cook the frozen meatballs according to the package directions, cutting off 8 minutes from the cook time. Set the meatballs aside to cool slightly.
- Assemble the meatball sub kabobs - starting with the breadstick dough, layer the dough & meatballs on the wooden skewers - 3 meatballs on each one. Place on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Brush each kabob with melted butter, sprinkle with Italian seasoning, & garlic powder/garlic salt. Pile shredded mozzarella on each kabob. Cook at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until the breadsticks are lightly browned.
- Serve with warmed pizza sauce or marinara.