Bacon Cheese Dip
Super bowl is right around the corner, and I know that a lot of you are looking for some recipes for the big game. So, what better time than now to pull out the recipe for my Bacon Cheese Dip! It is so good, and makes plenty – so it’s perfect for a crowd. If you don’t have a crowd to make it for, that is no reason to not indulge though. The leftovers are awesome!
Here is what you need:
Fry the bacon in a pan until crispy. Drain the bacon on a plate covered with a paper towel. Discard all except for about 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease, & saute the diced onion in it. Season with salt & pepper. Yum, right?
Chop the bacon…
Fold in the bacon, & spread the mixture into a 2 quart baking dish.
Cover with more shredded cheese & a good sprinkling of paprika.
Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes in an oven preheated to 350 degrees.
Serve with chips, crackers, or toasty bread.
- 2 (8oz) packages of cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 cups of sour cream
- 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 16oz shredded cheddar cheese, plus a little extra for sprinkling on top (1/2 cup to 1 cup depending on how cheesy you want it – I go for the cup!)
- 6-8 pieces of cooked bacon
- 1 medium onion, diced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Paprika to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Fry the bacon in a pan until crispy. Drain on paper towels. Discard all but about 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease. Saute the diced onion in the reserved bacon grease until translucent – season with salt & pepper.
- Beat the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, 16oz of cheddar cheese, & the sauteed onion in a large bowl until smooth. Chop the bacon, & fold it in. Spread the mixture out into a 2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, & paprika to taste.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with crackers, chips, or bread.