Baked Ham and Swiss Sliders
These Baked Ham and Swiss Sliders are so easy & absolutely delicious. The sauce made from butter, sautéed onions, dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, & poppy seeds seriously MAKES this recipe. We love this easy & simple meal!
One of my favorite things to do with leftover ham (with the exception of my ham & bean soup) is to make these tasty little baked ham & swiss sliders. After baking a ham, it’s one of the things my family looks forward to me making with the leftovers.
However, you certainly don’t have to have leftover ham in order to make them… I make them all the time with deli ham!
We crave these a ton & they’re super easy to whip up, so when we don’t have any leftover ham I buy some sliced ham in the deli to use instead. Either way, it’s delicious – and it’s definitely a must try, and destined to end up in your dinner rotation. The leftovers are delicious reheated too.
What do you need to make Baked Ham & Swiss Sliders?
You will need:
So, how do I prepare them?
Mince up your onions & saute them in the melted butter in a hot skillet for 5 minutes. Stir in the dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, & poppy seeds. Cook until the onions are soft & translucent.
Cut your rolls in half – as in the entire package all at once, if you are using the Hawaiian rolls since they are connected. Place the roll bottoms in the bottom of a 9×13 casserole dish & spread it with 3/4 of the onion mixture.
Top with your ham…
And then your swiss….
Place on the top half of your buns.
Spread the remaining onion mixture on top of the rolls.
Cover with aluminum foil, and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
Y’all are going to love this quick meal idea!
If this suits your fancy, then you may like these baked slider flavors!
Baked Ham & Swiss Sliders
- 1 package of 12 Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 1 large onion minced
- 1 stick of butter
- 3 heaping tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons poppy seeds
- ½ pound sliced ham
- 8-10 slices Swiss cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a skillet on medium heat. Add the onions, and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, & poppy seeds and cook until the onions are soft (about 10 more minutes). Slice the rolls in half all at once & place the bottom half in a 9×13 casserole dish. Spread on ¾ of the onion mixture; top with the ham, cheese, & top half of the buns. Spread the remaining onion mixture on top of the buns. Cover with aluminum foil & bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven, and slice down the seems to make individual sliders.