Easy Caramel Apple Dip
Serve up this caramel apple dip this fall! Cream cheese, powdered sugar, toffee bits, peanuts, and caramel collide in a creamy caramel dip. Serve this up with fresh apples, pretzels, and other fruits for dipping. The ultimate caramel apple dip with cream cheese!
Dips are one of my favorites to have on hand for parties, family gatherings, or even taking to a potluck event. This dessert dip is great for fall as it tastes delicious with sliced fruit, and takes minimal effort to make.
I have a few more desserts you might want to check out while you are here. This apple tart is made with fresh apples and bursting with warm spices. Or try out my popular apple cookies for a twist to a classic cookie! Perfect for the fall season.
Reasons You Will Love This Caramel Apple Dip
- Simple everyday ingredients you might already have on hand in your kitchen.
- Takes just minutes to throw together!
- Serve this dessert dip with fresh fruit, pretzels, crackers, and more. Such a versatile dip.
- Kids and adults will devour this creamy and crunchy apple dip.
- Gift this dip to a loved one or friend, take it to a potluck event, or serve up a crowd at your home.
Cream Cheese – Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature. It needs to be softened so that it creams together with the other ingredients. Otherwise, it will clump and not mix well if you mix straight from the fridge.
Powdered Sugar – One tip I recommend is if your powdered sugar has a lot of clumps sift it first so that you remove the lumps. This helps to ensure you get a velvety smooth texture.
Vanilla Extract – Just a splash helps to elevate all the flavors in this fruit dip.
Toffee Bits – Find in the baking aisle next to the chocolate chips. Pieces of coffee coated in chocolate, that will transform the flavor of this cream cheese dip.
Peanuts – The nuts are optional but they add a nice crunchy factor and help to balance out all the sweetness in the dip ingredients.
Caramel – Reach for your favorite brand of caramel sauce! I recommend using a quality sauce as it is the main flavor.
Apples – Any variety of apples works for this recipe. I prefer to use Granny Smith as the tart from the apple compliments the sweetness of the dip.
Variations To Recipe
Want a few ideas on how to change up this caramel cream cheese dip? If so, here are a few of my favorite ideas.
- With hot fudge or melted chocolate chips drizzle over the top of the dip. It adds a pretty look and sweet flavor.
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon into the cream cheese mixture for a warm spice. Or use apple pie spice for even more flavor.
- Mix in 1/4 cup of creamy peanut butter or hazelnut spread with the cream cheese mixture for a sweet twist. If you need a different nut butter go ahead.
- Top with mini chocolate chips and peanuts for added flavoring.
- Do 1/2 plain Greek yogurt and 1/2 cream cheese as the base for added protein into the dip.
- If you need a sugar-free dessert dip feel free to reach for sugar-free ingredients to swap in replace of the original.
Helpful Tips for Success
You can serve this dip with pretzels, graham crackers, Vanilla Wafers, apples, strawberries, sliced pears, and so much more. Don’t just feel apples are the only dippable option for this dessert dip recipe.
Hand or stand mixer
I do recommend using a hand or stand mixer. This is going to help create a very light and fluffy texture to the dip. Now, if you don’t have a mixer you can of course use a spoon and mixing bowl for whipping up the mixture.
Drizzling on sauce over the nuts adds a nice elegant presentation value. It helps add more elements to the top.
How to soften cream cheese quickly
Room-temperature cream cheese is needed. If you forgot to set it out grab a bowl of warm not hot water. Add the cream cheese to the bowl in the foil wrapper. Let it sit for 5 minutes. Then check the texture by squeezing the package. If it is still a bit cold get fresh warm water and soak it another 5 minutes or until the cream cheese is softened.
You can store this caramel apple dip in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5-6 days. Just keep it covered and then serve and enjoy. You will find after a bit the ingredients can separate a bit, and if this happens simply stir and mix the ingredients back up.
Reach for crisp fresh apples to start. Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, or others work great for this recipe. You want them to be firm in texture so they hold up when dipped.
Reach for vegan substitutes to replace the dairy ingredients to create a plant-based caramel apple dip.
If your dip is too thick you can add a teaspoon to tablespoon of milk to the cream cheese mixture. Mix well and then repeat if it is still too thick.
More Fall Recipes
Easy Caramel Apple Dip
- 8 Oz Cream cheese Room temperature
- 1/3 Cup Powdered sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup Toffee bits Such as Health, divided
- 1/4 Cup Chopped salted peanuts Divided
- 11 Oz Jar of good quality caramel sauce
- freshly sliced apples for dipping I like Granny Smith but use your favorite!
- Beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until creamy & fluffy. Add in the powdered sugar & vanilla extract – whip until combined.
- Stir in half of the toffee bits & half of the salted peanuts.
- Spread into a small serving dish. Pour the caramel sauce evenly over top. Top with the remaining toffee bits & chopped peanuts.
- Serve with freshly sliced apples.