Hot Chocolate Dip
With a rich chocolate flavor and creamy texture, this Hot Chocolate Dip is a fun twist on the classic drink! Light, fluffy, and perfect for dipping, this is the perfect cold-weather party dip!
Y’all know I’m all about easy recipes that are big on flavor, and this one really delivers! This Hot Chocolate Dip is rich, not too sweet, and loaded with big chocolate flavor. In fact, it tastes just like a mug of hot chocolate, but in dippable form!
I love taking this dip to parties and events – everybody compliments it and wants the recipe! And it’s so easy to make! Just a few ingredients, and you can even prep it ahead of time, so all you need to do is grab and go!
Have fun with the dippers! I make some suggestions below, but you can really dip anything into this dip. If it goes well with chocolate, dunk it into this light and fluffy dip!
- Cool Whip
- Marshmallow fluff
- Hot chocolate mix – I like the rich flavor of Swiss Miss.
- Mini marshmallow bits – For the topping.
- Chocolate – For the topping. See my suggestions below.
How To Make The Best Hot Chocolate Dip
This is so super easy to make! Get the kids involved; they can help pour in the hot chocolate mix and help you decorate the top of the dip!
- Mix the Cool Whip and marshmallow fluff together in a bowl with a hand mixer.
- Add the hot chocolate mix and mix well.
- Transfer the dip to a pretty serving bowl.
- Top the dip with mini marshmallow bits and chocolate.
- Serve with your favorite dippers and enjoy!
How To Garnish The Top Of Your Dip
This is the fun part! Make your dip look inviting and pretty with a sprinkle of mini marshmallows cut into pieces, or better yet, use the marshmallow hot chocolate and save the little freeze-dried marshmallows to put on top of the dip.
I also like chocolate on top of my dip. You can use mini chocolate chips, or just grab your box grater and a chocolate bar (leftover Halloween candy bars work great!) and grate the chocolate bar. Sprinkle that chocolate over the top.
You could also make your dip look more festive with sprinkles! Christmas colors or even just chocolate sprinkles look terrific on top.
The Best Dippers for Hot Chocolate Dip
Get creative! If you think it tastes good with chocolate, then you can probably dip it into this easy Hot Chocolate Dip recipe! Some of my favorite dippers are:
- Graham crackers
- Mini Nilla wafers
- Pretzel rods
- Apple slices
- Mini Oreo cookies
- Animal crackers
- This easy hot cocoa dip can be refrigerated overnight, so make it ahead of time!
- Double this recipe if feeding a crowd.
- Don’t overmix the dip – mix it just long enough that you don’t see any strands of chocolate. It should be light and fluffy!
Put the bowl of dip on a platter and arrange the dippers around it for a pretty presentation!Serve this dip with other kid-friendly and tasty snacks like Sticky Wings, Monster Celery Sticks, or Mac and Cheese Balls.
Keep any leftover Hot Chocolate Dip in an airtight container (or cover the serving bowl with plastic wrap) for up to 4-5 days.
Hot Chocolate Dip
- 4 Oz cool whip
- 1 Cup marshmallow fluff
- 1/3 Cup hot chocolate mix (such as Swiss miss)
- mini marshmallow bits for topping
- small piece of chocolate for topping
- In a medium bowl, mix marshmallow fluff and cool whip together with a hand mixer.
- Add in the hot chocolate mix and mix well. Put the mix into the serving bowl.
- Top with mini marshmallow bits. Grate chocolate over the top. Serve with graham crackers or mini nilla wafers. Keep cold in fridge until ready to serve.