Easy Pecan Pie Brownies
These PECAN PIE BROWNIES are a great mash up of two classic treats – pecan pie and brownies. This recipe is rich and decadent and pretty simple to make too.
There are just some combinations that go together. Peanut butter and jelly. Milk and cookies. Cheese and crackers.
Chocolate Brownies and Pecan Pie…
Oh yes, y’all. Chocolate Brownies and Pecan Pie go together beautifully… and you can have them both together with these Pecan Pie Brownies!
These brownies are rich, decadent, and heavenly. The chewy and crunch pecan pie meshed with the chocolate fudginess of the brownies will totally tantalize your taste buds and leave them wanting more (and more, and more, and even more … these are GOOD lol).
What do you need to make them?
Here’s the ingredients you need. As always, the full printable (or screenshotable) recipe is at the bottom of this post.
- brownie mix (for a 9×13 pan, or make your own recipe)
- light corn syrup
- vanilla extract
How do you make them?
First, you prepare your brownie mix according to the back of the box (or make your own). You will need a brownie mix (or recipe) for a 9×13 inch pan. Don’t buy the ones for the 9×9 or 8×8 or this recipe won’t work.
Spread your brownie mix into a 9×13 pan. Whatever the cooking time is on the back of the box, reduce that by half. Cook the brownies only half of the time that the box instructs you to.
Meanwhile, while the brownies are cooking, take a saucepan and add the sugar, butter, & light corn syrup. Cook on medium heat until it’s all melted and combined. Then, add the eggs one by one, whisking after the addition of each one.
Cook the mixture on medium heat for 10-15 minutes, or until the mixture has got a light brown color to it and has thickened up. Next, you stir in the chopped pecans and allow it to cook for another 2-3 minutes.
By this time, your brownies should be out of the oven. They should be cooked on the rim but still raw in the middle. Pour the pecan pie filling over top of the brownies and use a spatula to evenly spread it over them. Return the brownies to the oven and cook for an additional 25-30 minutes.
These babies are insanely delicious y’all – the best of both worlds!
If you like this recipe, you may like these pecan recipes too!
Pecan Pie Brownies
For the brownies:
- 1 box brownie mix (and the ingredients on the back of the box) for a 9x13 inch pan
For the pecan pie topping:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1.5 cups light corn syrup
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1.5 tsps vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat your oven according to the back of the brownie mix box.
- Mix the brownies according to the back of the box. Cook for HALF OF THE TIME that the box says to cook it. So, if it says to cook it for 30 minutes, cook it for 15 for example.
- Combine the sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, & butter in a saucepot and cook over medium heat, stirring, until everything is melted and combined. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time - stirring well after each addition, until all 4 eggs are added. Cook on medium heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is lightly browned and thick. Stir in the chopped pecans and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and let cool slightly. Pour the warm pecan pie topping on top of the brownies and spread with a heat proof spatula to evenly coat. Put the brownies back in the oven (same temperature) and cook for an additional 25-30 minutes.
This delicious recipe has been shared at the Weekend Potluck.