With chocolate, graham crackers, and marshmallow bits in every bite, these S’mores Cookies are just about the best cookie around! Easy to make and loved by everyone, these cookies are always the first to disappear!
Who doesn’t love s’mores? The combination of chocolate, gooey marshmallow and crisp graham crackers are irresistible, but when there are no campfires around, you can get all the flavors of the original treat in cookie form!
These S’mores Cookies are so good, I bet you can’t eat just one! Loaded with rich chocolate flavor and oodles of marshmallows and cookie chunks, these cookies are also easy to make.
I also love that this recipe doesn’t make dozens and dozens of cookies. In fact, it makes 2 dozen good-sized cookies. You can easily double or triple the recipe if you need more cookies, and you can also pop the baked cookies into the freezer to enjoy another time.
S’mores are so good, and I love all things s’more! From S’more Donuts to S’more Rice Krispie Treats and S’more Brownies, the combination of flavors is so good!
What Are S’mores?
S’mores are a campfire favorite. Made by toasting a marshmallow over an open fire and then smooshing it between 2 graham crackers along with a few squares of chocolate, they are a sweet, smoky, and delicious treat. All those flavors are in this s’more cookie recipe, and you don’t even need a campfire!
- Butter – I use unsalted butter in this recipe; you’ll need 2 sticks.
- Cocoa powder
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder – Make sure it hasn’t expired!
- Chocolate chips – I use semi sweet but milk chocolate or dark chocolate can also be used
- Kraft Mallow Bits – Some go into the recipe, and some for the garnish.
- Graham crackers – Some go into the recipe, and some for the garnish.
How To Make The Best S’mores Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350-F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the butter and sugar in a large bowl and whip it until light and fluffy with an electric mixer or with the paddle attachment of a stand mixer.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing in between each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Mix in the cocoa powder and mix on low until well blended.
- Combine the flour, salt, and baking powder in a medium bowl. Add this dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, Mallow Bits and crushed graham crackers.
- Roll the dough into balls, flatten them slightly, and line them up on a baking sheet. They will spread a bit.
- Bake the cookies until they’re set, and while they are still hot, gently press some crumbled graham crackers and Mallow Bits into the tops of the cookies.
- Cool the cookies on a wire rack and enjoy!
- Don’t overmix cookie dough. Always mix just enough to blend all the ingredients.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper NOT waxed paper. There’s a difference!
- Use a spatula, not your mixer, to fold in the graham cracker and Mallow Bits.
- Use regular cocoa powder or for a richer chocolate flavor, use Dutch process cocoa powder.
- Roughly chop the graham crackers with a knife. You want different-sized bits and chunks, not crumbs.
- Garnish the cookies while they’re still hot – if you wait until the cookies are cool, the Mallow Bits and graham crackers won’t stick.
I love these S’mores Cookies! My family and guests also love these cookies, and I love sharing them at:
- Family gatherings
- School events (these cookies are nut-free)
- Bake sales
- Holiday parties and more!
Keep these cookies in an airtight container on the counter for 2-3 days, or pop them into the freezer!
- 1 Cup salted butter 2 sticks
- 1 Cup sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 1/2 Cup cocoa powder
- 2 Cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 Tsp salt
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 1 Cup chocolate chips
- 1 Cup kraft mallow bits Plus more for topping
- 1 Cup graham crackers plus more for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter and sugar. Beat together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Blend in the eggs one at a time, scraping down the bowl as needed. Mix in the cocoa powder until well blended.
- Add the flour, salt, and baking powder to a medium bowl. Mix in slowly to wet ingredients. Fold in the chocolate chips, mallow bits, and crushed graham crackers.
- Roll dough into a ball then flatten about the size cookie you would like. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove to wire rack. Add more cracked graham crackers and mallow bits while the cookies are still warm. Cool on rack.