Whole30 Week 2 – What I Ate
I made it thru Week 2 of the #Whole30 Challenge! (If you missed what I ate on Week 1, you can see that here.) I’m feeling pretty great as far as energy goes and my pants are definitely loser! I’ve really wanted to get on the scale to see if I’ve actually lost any weight, but I’ve been strong and have resisted the urge. I haven’t had any monster cravings that I wasn’t able to satisfy with something that was Whole30 complaint and I’m thinking this really isn’t as hard as I had made it out in my mind to be. I’ve been thru some hard things… eating like this for 30 days really isn’t hard.
So far, I’m super proud of myself too. This week, I’ve made it a point to go hiking a few times (3-5 miles)… and my 7 year old sonvhas eagerly tagged along for the hikes. Well, eagerly for the first half anyhows! lol I keep telling him ‘slow & steady wins the race’ but he insists it’s ‘fast and steady’. Regardless, that little bug has SO much energy at first..and runs ahead then back to me, runs ahead then back to me, and so on and so forth. He does that so much that by the time we’re halfway done, he’s exhausted & ready to be done.
Ain’t he the cutest snaggletooth you ever have seen?
This week, you’ll notice I only ate eggs at the beginning of the week. That’s because I’m cutting them out for a week to see how that effects me. I have a condition called Eosinophilic Esophagitis which is basically an esophagus that has allergic reactions & swells up, causing (for me, at least) food to become impacted. Not fun. I have reason to believe that egg whites may be aggravating the condition, but I’m not sure. So, taking them out of my diet for a little while to see if that helps at all. I tried scrambling up egg yolks and eating them, but even with onions, mushrooms, and plenty of hot sauce – I couldn’t get down with all that yolky flavor. Sliced bananas, cashew butter, & unsweetened coconut chips alongside my Whole30 latte have become a morning staple for me lately. Kinda missing my RxBars but they have egg whites so for the time being….. they’re out.
So, my meals in Week 2 looked like this.
Week 2 – Day 1
- Breakfast: Scrambled eggs w/ onions & mushrooms, sugar-free bacon, strawberries, & mandarin oranges
- Lunch: Salad – w/ leftover chicken, toasted pecans, lettuce blend, cucumbers, tomatoes, & PK Greek dressing. (I’m not a fan of this dressing at all… sticking to the Tessemae’s Habanero Ranch)
- Dinner: Steak, brussel sprouts, butternut squash, & yellow squash
Week 2 – Day 2
- Breakfast: Busy morning and not very hungry – but got down a Blueberry RxBar & a Whole30 Latte
- Lunch: Chicken Sausage, Spinach, & Cauliflower Rice Skillet
- Dinner: Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls – my cabbage rolls are WAY better, but this was Whole30 compliant (mine aren’t) & pretty decent.
Week 2 – Day 3
- Breakfast: Not very hungry & a busy morning again, but managed a Chocolate Sea Salt RxBar & a Whole30 Latte as I ran out the door.
- Lunch: I was still out running errands & such come lunch time, and I didn’t bring anything with me. So, I googled some Whole30 ‘out to eat’ meals on my phone & found myself at Chipotle. I grabbed a Carnita Salad with extra salsa & extra guac. Very yummy!
- Dinner: Spicy Jalapeno Burgers w/ Garlic Encrusted Eggplant Buns – oh how I love this recipe. It’s SOOOO good!!
Week 2 – Day 4
- Breakfast: 2 sliced bananas with 2 tablespoons cashew butter & a sprinkling of unsweetened coconut flakes.
- Lunch: leftover Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls
- Dinner: Lemon Garlic Chicken Thighs (recipe coming soon, will link when it’s up), Brussel sprouts, & green beans
Week 2 – Day 5
- Breakfast: Fruit bowl w/ kiwi, strawberries, blackberries, & unsweetened coconut flakes plus mixed nuts (almonds & pistachios)
- Lunch: Crab Stuffed Zucchini
- Dinner: Onion Roast & gravy (recipe is in my facebook group – Mrs Happy Homemaker’s Homestead), zucchini, & roasted potatoes
Week 2 – Day 6
- Breakfast: sliced banana & apple with warmed cashew butter and a mandarin orange
- Lunch: Beanless chili stuffed baked potatoes (recipe coming soon, will link when it’s up)
- Dinner: Boneless, skinless chicken breasts seasoned with TJ’s Everything But the Bagel Seasoning, pan roasted asparagus, & a large salad with habanero ranch dressing
Week 2 – Day 7
- Breakfast: sliced banana & apple with cashew butter & unsweetened coconut flakes (this is becoming a favorite of mine!)
- Lunch: leftover onion roast & gravy (recipe in Mrs Happy Homemaker’s Homestead), leftover asparagus, & leftover squash
- Dinner: leftover bean-less chili (recipe coming soon)
Follow me on Instagram here!
If you missed Week 1’s menu, you can check it out here.
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for your support to help keep this site running!
Pingback: My Whole30 Results – Mrs Happy Homemaker
Pingback: September Whole30 Starting Soon! - Mrs Happy Homemaker