Cinnamon Apple Mini Cheesecakes
These Cinnamon Apple Mini Cheesecakes are packed with flavor & very simple to prepare.
During the fall, I get bushels of fresh apples from an orchard in the North Georgia mountains (they are better than anything you can get in the grocery store, absolutely addictive) and I go crazy with them. I make all the apple recipes that I possibly can, all my favorites, and then I make some more. I also put a whole bunch of apple filling up in the freezer or I will can it. I also make several loafs of our favorite apple danish bread for the freezer as well. When I go straight to the orchard, I get fabulous deals on the amount of apples that I buy & it’s really worth it to take the time to put up some for apple pies and such months down the road when the fresh apples just aren’t tasting as good as they are right now.
Anyhow – in case you haven’t stepped outside lately, it is definitely fall. In the mornings, it’s winter. 😉 I have a fair abundance of different variety of apples going on in my kitchen right now, so I’ve been playing around a good bit with them and came up with some definite winners.
One of those creations are these Cinnamon Apple Mini Cheesecakes and they are downright heavenly.
Cheesecake is one of those treats that’s so very hard for me to resist. It’s rich yet light and oh so creamy. You just want to close your eyes and sigh with enjoyment with each & every bite. I have not yet met a cheesecake that I didn’t like & as much as I love plain cheesecake, I also really enjoy coming up with new flavors. Some example of others I’ve created are Lemon Blackberry Cheesecake, Red Velvet Cheesecake, Sweet Potato Cheesecake (the praline glaze on that one, OMGOSH) and my personal favorite – Maple Bacon Praline Cheesecake (which actually have won a couple of cooking contests, I might add). Now, I’m adding these little gems to the list.
If you love cheesecake and apples, you are going to fall madly in love with this recipe.
Sugar lover’s tip – take them up a notch by spooning a little bit of warm caramel on top. You can thank me later.
Cinnamon Apple Mini Cheesecakes
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter divided
- 2.5 cups chopped & peeled apples about 4 large apples - Granny Smith & honey crisps are my favorite, but use yours
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of white sugar divided
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- whipped cream for topping optional
- jarred caramel for topping optional
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the apples & 1/2 cup of the sugar; stir. Cook on medium-low heat for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is completely dissolved & golden brown. Stir in the milk & cinnamon. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, and remove from the heat.
- Microwave the remaining butter in a medium microwaveable bowl on high until melted, about 30 seconds or so. Add the graham cracker crumbs & 2 tablespoons of the remaining sugar. Mix well. Press into the bottoms of 8 paper lined muffin cups, adding about 1 tablespoon of the crumb mixture to each cup.
- Beat the cream cheese, sour cream, & remaining sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer until blended. Add the egg; beat on low until just blended. Gently stir in half of the apples. Spoon the cheesecake mixture over the graham cracker crumb mini crusts.
- Bake 20-22 minutes or until the centers are almost set. Cool completely.
- Transfer the cheesecakes to a plate or another container & top with remaining cinnamon apples. Garnish with whipped cream and/or caramel, if desired.
You may also like: